måndag 8 november 2010

syfestivalen

I'd completely forgotten that it was Syfestivalen (Knitting and Stitching Show) this weekend up in Stockholm, until I met my neighbouring shop owner across the street as we were locking up on Friday evening. She reminded me and encouraged me to go. So on Saturday morning I persuaded Peter to take a day out and off we belted to Älvsjö. There's an indescribable feeling of excitement and joy flowing through your veins when you are faced with colour in all its forms. I met a wonderful lady called Ingrid who owns a shop called Canvas in Göteborg, and whose stand I could have easily emptied if my credit card had allowed it! Wonderful books on every subject of textiles, dying, painting, embroidering, you name it. I ended up bying dyes, books, dvds and a very interesting papery fabric called Lutradur which I'm going to paint on and shrink with heat from a heat gun - can't wait!! Here are some of the fabulous colours I spotted there.... / Jacqui

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar